There have been a few different studies of the Salem Community over the years. Below is a chronologial listing of the studies that have taken place with links to view the full studies.
- 1999 Salem Town Center (Drey Study)
- 2007 A group of government officials known as The Leadership Collaborative in participation with The Center for Community Preservation and Planning over several years has developed a working plan to allow Newton County to grow while maintaining the character of the county and improving the quality of life. The evolving plan is known as the 2050 Plan. You can find more details about the plan on the Center’s website.
- 2010 UGA Metropolitan Studio – Undergraduate Study
- 2010 UGA Metropolitan Graduate Studio: Study 1, Study 2, Study 3
Below are documents from the current overlay study. These are draft versions so be sure to check back for updates.
- Salem Overlay District Draft for Board of Commissioners Meeting (3-19-13)
- Memo to Board of Commissioners regarding Salem Overlay (3-19-13)
- Additional Memo to Board of Commissioners regarding Salem Overlay (3-18-13)
- Tier Map Draft for Salem Overlay District (3-19-13)